Julia McCoy The Expert SEO Content Writer Course
Julia McCoy The Expert SEO Content Writer Course, Master practical content strategy & marketing in under 45 days with content marketing leader Julia McCoy’s self-led…
Julia McCoy – The Content Strategy & Marketing Course & The Expert SEO Content Writer Course
The Content Strategy & Marketing Course
Master practical content strategy & marketing in under 45 days with content marketing leader Julia McCoy’s self-led, on-demand course.
For entrepreneurs, agencies and freelancers who want to learn EVERY critical, practical, inner working part of a brand content strategy.
Are you TIRED of reading a gazillion blogs for marketing wisdom?
Maybe you’re sick of trying to implement ALL of the tips and tricks – especially because you never get results.
…Do you feel burnt out and FRUSTRATED when it doesn’t work?
You’re not alone.
Here are some common struggles content marketers and strategists deal with:
- You find content creation, planning and publishing difficult.
- You draw a blank when it comes to writing on topics that will reach your audience and offer them REAL VALUE.
- You don’t know how to target your ideal audience and get in their head so you can create for them.
- You are missing some part of how to do the “SEO” part of content marketing. Do you really know how to research for high-ROI keywords?
- You’re confused about which tools to use, and how to use them.
- You aren’t sure how to build a brand “content strategy” from start to finish that the boss or your client will approve.
Is it time for you to STOP focusing on TACTICS THAT FAIL to boost your bottom line when it comes to content marketing?
…And accelerate all of the strategies that actually work?
If that makes you respond with an emphatic YES, then The Practical Content Strategy & Marketing Course is definitely for you.
The Practical Content Strategy & Marketing Course is a proven, tested 6-week online training course that teaches you actual, market-ready content skills following actionable steps and implementation methods.
This is not your typical course.
This is not simply about reading a textbook to get a certificate and a pat on the back.
What’s inside is an actionable program with very specific, outlined steps.
Steps for you to follow and learn from.
Steps that will teach you wildly profitable content marketing and strategy skills.
Skills that guarantee you will thrive.
Skills you can take to the bank, to earn respect from your boss or win even more clients with.
Build a Brand Content Strategy from the Ground Up as You Learn the Skills That Matter in Content Marketing
Inside each module, as you learn each progressive skill, you’ll complete a Brand Strategy Exercise.
You’ll have exclusive access to our private student community with on-call access to Julia and her team as you advance, getting the full advantage of our inside knowledge and professional guidance as you acquire each new skill.
What this means is that by the time you complete the course, you’ll have a completed, working brand content strategy! Use it in your portfolio to gain new clients, or create the strategy to enhance your own brand as you go through the course.
One of the most rewarding parts of my day is found in mentoring and growing the skills of my students, team, and mentees.
You’ve heard it countless times: Content is king. But what if I told you this isn’t true?
What if I told you content simply isn’t enough to make you win online?
Because it isn’t. What I’ve learned over the years:
No matter how rich and mouthwatering your content is, it’ll get you nowhere unless you know what to publish, how to publish it, who you’re targeting, and how to maintain a great content ecosystem.
Content might be king, but your audience and your place of publishing is what rules the kingdom. And wouldn’t you rather own a castle in a kingdom, rather than wear an empty crown?
This is what I teach.
Step-by-step skills that empower YOU, as a marketer, creator, and intuitive, smart person — to know and arm yourself with content skills.
And this is what you WON’T find in the other content strategy courses out there.
Get proven processes for your content creation and marketing. Learn real SKILLS. (Zero fluff)
The Content Strategy & Marketing Course is the only course in the entire content marketing and strategy industry with a proven skill-teaching system, hand-crafted by Julia McCoy and successfully implemented with hundreds of students, starting with her own agency staff at Express Writers. This means that you’ll emerge from the course with a fully-built brand content strategy in your hands–every piece built through one of the core Brand Strategy Exercises (BSEs) taught in the course. Put in the work, the time, and you will come out with skills. Guaranteed. Or your money back.
Here are the skills you’ll learn from A-Z in this ultimate content marketing course:
Week 1 – Introduction (SKILL: BASIC FUNDAMENTALS REFRESHER) + Module 1 (SKILLS: BRAND BUILDING: TOPIC CIRCLE, CDF, GOALS)
- Get walked through the basics: industry definitions, how to set goals for industry success, an intro to the landscape and structure of content marketing today.
- Next, learn how to identify what makes you DIFFERENT (or your client, if you’re setting up their strategy) from everyone else with a Content Differentiation Factor, complete with hands-on exercises where you’re actually learning all the steps. (You’re building an actual skill by crafting your very own Content Differentiation Factor)
- Define your online topic area and how to come up with topic cores that your audience will CRAVE. (You’re building your own topic area, and learning a skill you can prove to clients and/or employers)
- Get clear with content ROI expectations, and see high-ROI content in action.
This is two full modules with video lessons, worksheets, PDFs, Brand Strategy Exercises and templates. You’ll be able to get through both modules inside a week if you spend just 10-15 minutes every day.
Week 2 – Module 2 (SKILLS: AUDIENCE DISCOVERY: PERSONA, SALES FUNNEL STAGES, BRAND GUIDELINES)
- Identify and create audience personas for any target audience.
- Learn from hands-on video exercises how to build surveys to get real-time, valuable data about an audience you’re serving (and incentive for higher response rates).
- Learn how to use Facebook Audience Insights to build new audience data.
- Map your persona to the stages of awareness in the sales cycle, and learn HOW and WHY to create content that SOLVES PROBLEMS at the specific stage they’re in.
- Know how to utilize a sales team to nurture leads to get the information that will help you create valuable, profitable content.
- Learn how to create a brand content style guidebook that can direct content creation for ANY brand.
- Get an overview of the best email marketing tools and how to use them.
Grow your confidence with PDFs, cheat sheets, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
Week 3 – Module 3 (SKILL: SEO)
- Learn about defining your goals for inbound ranking and overall content success.
- Explore Google’s standards for content – find out why organic search is far higher ROI and more valuable to today’s search audience than paid PPC.
- Reveal the biggest mistakes in keyword research that you must avoid.
- Know how to conduct effective, in-depth keyword research, using the top industry tools. Plus learn why and how to choose an SEO tool to track ranking and ongoing positions.
- Watch as I demonstrate proven methods on how I find a MONTH of SEO content for my agency that ranks without question!
- Watch guest speaker Ryan West from SEMrush show you how to find a great keyword, and pull live brand keyword reports.
- Get in-depth guidance on all aspects of SEO keyword research, including geo-targeted location content.
- Learn how to check for important ranking factors and be able to immediately identify opportunities for low-hanging SEO content you can easily create for any client.
Strengthen your understanding with PDFs, cheat sheets, guest expert lesson, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
Week 4 – Module 4 (SKILL: BUILDING ONLINE AUTHORITY)
- Get to know what strong online content looks like.
- Learn all the nuances of how to build content that ranks high in search results for YEARS and how to maintain this authority over time.
- Skip all the strategies that DON’T work: in this week, we’ll cover only the keys of what DOES work when it comes to building true authoritative online content.
- Learn about the core content commitments and how to define them.
- Discover why one of the content commitments we discuss matters more than anything, and learn how to leverage that for long-term gain.
- Understand the importance of content structure, internal and external linking.
- Get confident with social media and how to combine the right social media platforms with the right brand (for clients you work with or your business).
- Get to know the benefits and methods of profitable guest blogging.
- Learn from Guest Expert Dan Levy of Unbounce as he shares secrets on how they built authority solely through blogging.
- Learn from Guest Expert Michele Linn of Content Marketing Institute as she explains how to lay the groundwork for business blogging.
Jump up a level with PDFs, cheat sheets, guest expert lesson, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
Week 5 – Module 5 (SKILL: CONTENT CREATION)
- Never get stuck for content ideas AGAIN with an outlined, physical content creation process complete with repeatable steps.
- Learn how to pull strong brand awareness topics for any brand.
- Use techniques from a web crawl to find questions readers are asking online that you can create content for.
- Get proficient on professional industry tools such as BuzzSumo and Hawkeye to identify trends in ANY industry to write about! These also make killer guest blog posts that editors will DIE for.
- Get to know buyer-focused content, and how to create content and find topics that match the stages your customer is in.
- Learn how to create content that fits both SEO purposes and brand awareness.
- Know the ins and outs of SEO content optimization! See live demos of content structured for success.
- See the anatomy of web pages vs. blog pages, and learn how to create content that ranks consistently.
- Learn about 10x content, what that truly means, and how to go above and beyond in your content for your reader.
- Become an expert at guest blogging! Learn how to get on the publications you want, how to pitch editors, and send in irresistible topics and content pieces.
- Learn how to optimize your content for conversions, and how to add “list building” to your content creation.
- Guest expert Steve Rayson shares how to build strong headlines and discover hot topics.
Make real gains with PDFs, cheat sheets, guest expert lesson, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
Module 6 (SKILLS: POST-PUBLISHING: CONTENT PROMOTION, BUDGETING, EDITORIAL CALENDAR, CONTENT MAINTENANCE)
- Learn from Guest Expert Sujan Patel as he kicks off the final week with a lesson on how to promote your content to draw more eyeballs on it.
- Learn about social media post structure and how exactly to optimize your post performance for maximum brand exposure.
- Study the intricate workings of effective email marketing, best practices for writing, scheduling and sending emails to your list.
- Learn about setting a budget for content marketing and how to set realistic expectations for your clients.
- Streamline your hiring process to know how to recruit professional, reliable talent to your writing team to support your content creation.
- Ugly editorial calendars, begone. Find out the easiest tool EVER that’ll become your new secret weapon!
- Learn how to update your content for ongoing success (and why old content is your MONEY content).
- Know how to track and immediately see/report on content rankings to clients.
- Know how to set up a content plan for your clients.
- Learn from Guest speaker Dan Levy as he shares insights on the cost and return of 10x blogging.
- Learn from Guest speaker Shani Taylor’s tutorial on creating an advanced editorial calendar.
- Learn from Guest speaker Ryan West of SEMrush as he teaches you how to track your rankings and research competitor rankings.
- Lock in professional knowledge with PDFs, cheat sheets, guest expert lesson, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
The Expert SEO Content Writer Course
Learn profitable SEO writing for blogs and websites, step-by-step, in one week.
Does any of this sound familiar when it comes to writing SEO content?
Feeling lost when it comes to knowing exactly how to SEO keyword optimize your content.
Struggling to identify and come up with SEO keywords and topics that hit the bullseye each time — that you know for sure will win with your audience and Google.
Finding it hard to write powerful, engaging blogs and web pages while keeping it correctly SEO optimized.
Did you raise your hand to any (or all) of the above?
You’re exactly who I created this course for! Keep reading — you’re in the right spot.
The core of online content success lies in how engaging and well-written the content is.
Discover the KEY online SEO content strategies I’ve used to write and implement content that ranks for over 20,000 keywords in Google. This course will dramatically grow your skills and knowledge in SEO writing — fast.
The best part? I’ve set it up in a way that is super easy for you to digest, retain, and remember these skills. Built for busy people with busy lives, this course is perfect for the day job employee or freelancer/solopreneur building their brand and looking to increase their marketability.
You can get through this course in just a week or less. There is ZERO fluff. Every single lesson is immediately actionable and ready to implement in your day-to-day online writing, from blogs to web pages.
With under five hours of on-demand video content, subtitles, audio files and easy-to-remember knowledge sheets — not to mention tons of templates and short live demos — you’ll fly through this material and be ready to apply it to your content NEXT WEEK.
Future-proof SEO Content Training
Have you ever heard of SEO training that is future-proof? This course is.
Inside this SEO writing program, you’re not just learning how to write for Google and search bots, you’re learning how to call on your own creative talents — one of the biggest “future-proof” tactics a writer has.
You’ll be learning new skills, too. This course includes skills that are critical to knowing and earning more as an SEO content creator. You’ll learn comprehensive SEO keyword research tactics that will ensure you know exactly how to find data-backed hot topics that will outperform the competition.
By knowing how to rely on your own creative talents, you protect the future of your content writing career.
While the use of artificial intelligence in the content creation industry is cause for concern for many, the technology isn’t anywhere near the level a creative human being can provide. Knowing how to pull from your own creative instincts and build an audience that craves your content, you can future-proof your SEO content skills.
Plus, with lifetime access to periodic curriculum updates, you’ll be set up for long-term success!
The Expert SEO Content Writer Course: Here’s What’s Included
The Expert SEO Content Writer was built with the aspiring SEO copywriter in mind. No matter what stage you’re at in online writing, if you want to be an expert SEO content writer, this is the course for you.
- The ability to work at your own pace. There are three main modules with videos and on-demand training, as well as a brief introduction and closing module section. You’ll get between 4-5 hours of video content, guiding you all the way from beginner SEO writer to expert.
- Clear action items that set you up for success. You can download and work from proven content templates, see examples of content formats live in video demonstrations and more!
- Printable workbooks, knowledge sheets, and templates that help you stay on track, organized, and guided—so you never feel like you’re alone inside this self-paced course.
- Exclusive access to a private student community to discuss coursework and trade ideas with your classmates.
Course Curriculum: What You’ll Learn
In The Expert SEO Content Writer Course, you’ll learn every skill involved in becoming an expert SEO content writer.
Across three modules, you’ll learn all about:
- The how and why of SEO writing: You’ll gain a deep perspective on how to research and find amazing, high-ROI keywords using the best software on the market. You’ll learn to write and optimize structured content for the best chance at ranking for the target keyword.
- How to find hot topics that will perform well in SEO and with human readers: You’ll learn not only SEO keyword research techniques, but how to use my favorite content analysis tools to capitalize on hot topics your audience will love.
- How to master each step involved in writing SEO content, with templates: Learn and become an expert at the art of SEO writing!
- How to write the supporting content around SEO content: This includes lead magnets, great headlines and hooks, SEO web and landing pages, email content and other forms of copy.
- How to put an accurate price tag on your content services and how to close more clients: If you work in an agency, learn how to deliver and build proven reports that show your boss the ROI of the content you produce.
Who is The Expert SEO Content Writer Course for?
This course is designed for online writers and marketers at all levels and stages — especially if:
- You want to add “SEO writing” to your skills and expertise. This is the course for you, no matter where you’re starting from! You can be a total newbie or a seasoned writer interested in upgrading your skills or a writer struggling to create content that gets results in search engines. No matter where you’re starting from, this course will take you where you want to go in the world of SEO writing.
- You’re a busy bee. It’s designed as a fast-paced, intensive, one-week program. It’s been built by someone who commonly wears five hats (CEO, content marketer, author, mommy, wife) on any given day, who can relate to your busy schedule! Structured for busy entrepreneurs, freelancers, and agency staff. You’ll be able to get through it easily inside a week or less.
Who is The Expert SEO Content Writer Course NOT For?
This program isn’t for “get rich quick” wishful thinkers. If you enroll in this course hoping to make a million dollars within a year, this program probably isn’t for you. You need to put in the work, fill out the templates, download and use the worksheets, and watch the videos carefully to see real results in your SEO content skills. Additionally, if you write for fun, but don’t care about earning income or growing a brand through your writing, this course probably isn’t the best fit for you, either. Sorry.
Course Curriculum: What You’ll Learn
he Expert SEO Content Writer Course combines my best strategies into a fool-proof training program full of templates and systemized steps to help you learn, enhance, and perfect SEO writing skills.
I’m 100% confident you’ll love this course—so much so that I’ll give you a full refund within 30 days, provided you accessed 5% of the course or less. This course isn’t for people who want to take this exclusive training, download it, use it to boost their profits or their clients, and then demand a refund. (Don’t enroll if that’s what you plan on doing.) My course also isn’t for people who aren’t willing to put in the work. If you put in the effort, I firmly believe every single step you need to learn successful SEO writing is contained in this training. I want to give you the time necessary to try out my systemized steps and implement your skills, and I’m more than confident this training will work for you! I’ve trained hundreds of writers in my agency for the past seven years, and I’m confident this program is just what you need if you’re looking for an intensive SEO writing course.
Course Curriculum: What You’ll Learn
INTRO: Let’s Get Started
- Welcome! What’s Ahead in This Course: Get Set Up for Success (9:36)
- Private Student Community Access
SEO Content Writer Course Bonuses
- Bonus #1: Content Template Library & Prompts
- Bonus #2: Student-Only Partner Discount Codes
- Bonus #3: Complete Course Workbook
Module 1: Understanding SEO, Your Audience, & How to Come Up with Profitable Content Ideas
- 1. How Do I Generate Profitable Topics? Thinking in Terms of Content Ideation Goals (4:37)
- 2 Your 4 Content Keys & Persona-Building: Understanding How to Reach & Impact An Audience with Content (6:47)
- 3 How to Understand SEO Keyword Research & Uncover the Right Keywords (With Templates) (27:25)
- 4 How to Do Content Analysis for Even More Powerful SEO or Thought Leadership Content (11:21)
- 5 Intro to Content Writing Templates: How to Optimize Content Correctly for Search Engines & Humans (16:27)
Module 2: How to Write High-ROI Online SEO Content & Supporting Formats
- 1 2 Writing Formulas To Help You Write More Structured Content: PAS & KISS (With Cheat Sheet) (9:14)
- 2 AP English vs. Online Writing: Major Differences (With Cheat Sheet) (13:00)
- 3 Modern Online Writing 101: Terrible, Good & Amazing Content (Live Recording of Julia’s Writing Coaching) (47:01)
- 4 Creating Lead Magnets & “Content Upgrades” For Subscriber Growth (with Worksheet) (10:57)
- 5 Creating Powerful Headlines & Hooks (with Worksheet) (5:58)
- 6 How to Create 2 High-ROI Blog Types (Templates & Worksheets) (3:36)
- 7 SEO Web & Landing Pages (Templates & Knowledge Sheet) (10:01)
- 8 How to Write Other Key Supporting Forms of Content: Email, Social Media & Video (10:25)
- 9 FAQ: I’m Not a Native Speaker… How Do I Up My Game at Writing? (11:02)
- 10 FAQ: Tips for Boosting Your Writing Productivity & Speed (4:53)
- 11 FAQ: Should I Syndicate My Content? & Other Top SEO Questions (16:00)
- 12 FAQ: How Should I Link to Sources or Quote in My Content? (7:26)
Module 3: Marketing Yourself & Proving the Worth of Content
- 1 How to Price Content Writing Services (With Pricing Template) (5:38)
- 2 How to Guide Content Strategy & Marketing Clients to a Close (Sales Tips) (2:35)
- 3 KPIs & Boss-Friendly Stuff: How to Look Up Content Rankings & Traction (Tutorial) (12:24)
CERTIFICATION: Quiz & Certification
- Congratulations! You Did It! How to Get Your Certificate (1:23)
- Test Your Knowledge: Short Course Quiz
- Badges & Adding Certification to Your LinkedIn (0:22)